Smoked North Carolina Chicken Wings
North Carolina Barbecue Rub is my go to for chicken wings. It's hot with a subtle sweetness and not too much of a smoky flavor. This recipe is a favorite with our friends and family and always leaves them coming back for more. Not a huge fan of heat? Pair these wings with Ranch Dip. The cool dip balances the heat of the wings - even people who prefer sweet chicken wings will fall for this winning combination!
Makes two dozen wings
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- 1 polybag of SKORDO North Carolina Barbecue Rub
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot
- 1/4 cup of your favorite sweet barbecue sauce
- Coat the wings in North Carolina Barbecue Rub and let sit for 30 minutes
- Put into your smoker for 2 hours. We use Hickory smoking chips.
- After 2 hours, take the wings our and coat them with the blended Franks Red Hot Sauce and sweet barbecue sauce.
- Place the coated wings back in the smoker for another 2 hours or until your barbecue glaze crispy. Enjoy!