Grilled Street Corn Dip
Grilled corn is one of our favorite summer staples. There's nothing better than the mix of smoky and sweet! A couple of weeks ago we kicked off grilling season with an all day friends and family grilling extravaganza. This dip was a highlight! It's great paired with veggies or chips and hearty enough to work as a side dish.
Makes 6-8 servings
- 8 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or substitute more greek yogurt!)
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon new mexico chile powder
- 1/2 tsp SKORDO Maine Sea Salt
- 2 tsps SKORDO North Carolina Barbecue Rub
- Cilantro, rinsed and finely chopped
- Shuck the corn, rinse each ear in water and rub with olive oil. Place ears on a hot grill (we recommend a charcoal for the added flavor) and rotate every 1-3 minutes. You're looking for a nice char on the outside of the corn.
- While the corn is cooking, make the dip base by mixing the yogurt, mayo, jalapeño, chile powder, salt and North Carolina BBQ Rub. Let rest until the corn is ready. The dip base can be made up to 24 hours ahead of use.
- Once the corn is well charred, remove from the grill and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut the kernels from the cob. Combine the kernels and dip mix. Garnish with cilantro and salt to taste.