Chipotle Spiced Pork Tenderloin
We made this for company the other night and it was a HIT. Spicy but not too spicy, caramelized because of the sugar in the rub, and oh so flavorful. We topped our dish with fresh squeezed lime and sliced avocado and served steamed broccoli and southwestern spiced rice on the side. Also, did I mention that it is incredibly simple to prepare?
- 1 Pork Tenderloin (Usually 1 to 1 ½ lbs)
- About 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp Chipotle Spice Rub
- About 2 to 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Optional: Lime, Avocado
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and heat a heavy pan or cast iron skillet. Dry the pork tenderloin with a paper towel. Pour about 2 tbsp of vegetable oil on the pork, enough to lightly cover it. Now for the fun part… Rub the chipotle spice rub all over your pork tenderloin to ensure a good coating.
- Pour about 1 tbsp of oil in your hot heavy pan and sear your pork tenderloin, about 3-4 minutes on each side, until you have a good sear. (Hint: If your meat is sticking that means it's not done searing!)
- Place your pork tenderloin on a sheet tray (on top of foil for easy clean-up). Cook until pork temperature reaches 140°F to 145°F, about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping half way through. Take out and let rest for about 5 minutes prior to slicing. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top and serve with avocado slices. Yum!
Yields: 4 Servings