Pumpkin Spice French Toast
I'm a huge fan of anything and everything pumpkin. After enjoying a pumpkin pie (obviously), many (and I mean many) pumpkin spice lattes and even some pumpkin flavored ice cream, I needed a new recipe to enjoy. Then I came up with this gem! This pumpkin spice French toast is delicious and so easy to make...perfect for Thanksgiving morning brunch.
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp SKORDO Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tbsp butter
- Maple syrup or fresh fruit
- Half of a challah or French bread loaf
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice challah or French bread into 1 inch thick slices
- In a shallow bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, cinnamon and SKORDO Pumpkin Pie Spice together.
- Melt butter in a skillet, griddle, or frying pan over medium high heat. Dredge bread slices into egg mixture, allowing bread to soak for one minute on each side. Place into the pan or skillet and cook until both sides are golden brown (or darker if you like).
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes (this will firm up the inside of the toast)
- Serve with butter, warm maple syrup for dipping, or with fresh fruit.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional)