Grilled Garlic Shrimp with Herbs
This is a both a tasty and healthy dish. The garlic and herbs add tremendous flavor to the shrimp which complements the slight sweetness from the brown sugar. Be careful not to overcook ...nobody likes eating rubbery shrimp. Also consider using a grill pan in your kitchen if grilling outside isn't an option.
- 2 lbs 21-25 ct shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon SKORDO Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Soak wooden skewers in water for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Mix all ingredients in a zip lock bag and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place the marinated shrimp on the skewers, leaving 1/4 inch of space between. Grill over direct heat for 5-6 minutes, turning once halfway through. The outside of the shrimp should be pink, while the meat inside should be white and opaque.
- Garnish with fresh lemon and herbs, if desired.