Gluten-Free Chipotle Spice Chicken Tenders
Living gluten free is easier than people think. I thrive off of the great food and inspiration from the amazing restaurants here in Maine. I'm always on the hunt for great gluten free options! Fried food is a luxury now and luckily I can make it happen with a hot pan, hot oil, and homemade bread crumbs. Continue the chipotle train and enjoy these tenders with SKORDO Chipotle Dip, or keep it nice and savory with SKORDO Ranch Dip.
Makes 12 - 15 Chicken Tenders
- 6 slices of gluten free bread (udi’s soft white works and tastes great)
- 2 tablespoons SKORDO Chipotle Spice Rub
- ½ cup corn starch + 1 tablespoon
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
For the breadcrumbs:
- Preheat the oven to 425 and place an oven rack in the lower middle position. Break up slices of bread into quarters and place in the food processor. Process until nice and crumby. Spread the bread crumbs onto a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, tossing them once or twice throughout the baking.
- Place the baked bread crumbs in a shallow bowl, breaking up any clumps, and mix in the SKORDO Chipotle Spice Rub and a tablespoon of cornstarch.
For the chicken:
- Lie the chicken breast vertically and pat them dry. To cut chicken tenders, slice at a diagonal, working from top to bottom, each about an inch wide.
- Preheat a large skillet with your oil.
- Drop the remaining cornstarch into a bag and shake the chicken inside, coating with the cornstarch. Shake off excess cornstarch, coat with egg, and cover with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Once the oil is hot, place your prepared chicken tenders into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat with the remaining chicken. Enjoy!