Our 'Americas' selection of blends + rubs is incredibly diverse, between barbecues rubs + seafood seasonings with various degrees of latin influence. It can make choosing what to use when an exciting challenge. To highlight the diversity of these blends, I love using them for anything outside the jar suggestions. Our Southwest Seasoning has made flavorful beans, lobster rolls with a kick, and even a delicious take on meatloaf. Today, it's taking a turn at the bar for a Southwestern Bloody Mary. Are you as excited as I am? Tequila or Gin? Celery Seed or Sriracha Salt? After a mostly successful dry January, I played around with a few combos and landed on a favorite. I'd love to see your version on Instagram with #SKORDOFlavors!
Bloody Mary Mix
Makes 1 large, or 2 small cocktails.
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon Southwest Seasoning
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Vodka, Gin, or Tequila - your drink, your choice!
- Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice, shake until combined + chilled. I added 2 oz of Tequila.
- If you choose to rim your glass, I enjoyed Sriracha Sea Salt + Chile Lime Sea Salt here, though Celery Seed + Salt is close behind. Pour a bit of the salt on a small plate, then rub or dip the edge/rim of your glass into lime juice followed by the salt. Fill the glass with ice.
- Prepare your garnish, I choose bell pepper, gherkin pickles, olives + celery. You can find more suggestions below! I also added a slice of lime that I dipped in the coordinating salt.
- Pour your bloody mary mixture over the ice. I thoroughly enjoy horseradish so I did not strain, but to each their own!
Celery, Pepperoncini Peppers, Pickles, Olives, Cocktail Shrimp, Crab Legs, Bacon, Lemon, Lime, Oysters, Cucumbers, Giardiniera, the opportunities are endless!