Blood-y Orange Bourbon Cocktail
A boozy, blood orange-y, bitter beverage perfect for spooky season.
Sweet - Maple Syrup
Sour - Blood Orange, Charred Grapefruit bitters
Salty - Black Hawaiian Salt
Makes one serving
- 1 blood orange
- 4 mint leaves + more for garnish
- 3 oz bourbon
- 3/4 oz Runamok Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- few drops Venas Fizz House Grove Bitters
- SKORDO Black Hawaiian Sea Salt
- Slice two rings from your blood orange for garnish, then quarter the remaining.
- In a cocktail shaker, add quarters of blood orange + 4 mint leaves. Muddle to release juices. If you don't have a muddler tool, the end of a wooden spoon will do the trick.
- Add ice, bourbon, bitters and syrup to shaker, securing the lid. Give it a few good vigorous shake for about 10 seconds.
- To enjoy, dip small portion of clean glass into maple syrup, and sprinkle with SKORDO Black Hawaiian Salt. Add fresh ice to glass and double strain shaker overtop. Garnish with orange slices + mint.