Barbecue Brisket Burgers
This recipe combines our favorite Texas rub with a perfectly tender brisket burger. The beef brisket creates a moist, super flavorful burger patty. We went to our local butcher shop for this and they ground it for us. We topped it with smoked gouda and barbecue sauce for a smoky, sweet bite.
- 1 1/4 lb. beef brisket, ground
- 2 tablespoons SKORDO Barbecue Brisket Rub
- 4 slices smoked gouda
- 4 burger buns
- Your favorite barbecue sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce)
- In a large bowl, combine the ground brisket and barbecue brisket rub. Do not over-mix.
- Form brisket into 4 equal sized patties, slightly pushing down the middle of each (the center will rise when the burger is cooked, pushing down the center prevents a rounded burger)
- On a pre-heated grill or skillet, cook burgers to desired temperature.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, baste your burger in some barbecue sauce and melt the smoked gouda on top.