Thai Coconut and Chicken Curry Soup
We love Thai Coconut Curry Soup and have been on the hunt for the perfect recipe, and we think we found it. We hadn't even finished our bowls before we started talking about making it again. Easy enough for weeknights, but flavorful and impressive enough for a dinner party. Our favorite new way to use our Thai Seasoning!
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts with skin on
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup + optional extra for garnish fresh cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons SKORDO Thai seasoning
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped + optional extra slices for garnish
- 1/2 lime juiced + optional extra slices for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Long grain rice and naan
- In a medium sauce pan heat oil over medium heat until nice and hot.
- Add chicken breasts skin side down. Cook 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip chicken over. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add onion, carrots and garlic to sauce pan. Cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add cilantro, lime leaves, SKORDO Thai seasoning and jalapeno.
- Reduce heat. Let simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from chicken breasts and discard.
- Cut breasts into 1 inch cubes. (Inside of chicken will still be raw.)
- After the soup has cooked 15 minutes, remove lime leaves. Transfer soup to food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Return soup to pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and lime juice.
- Let simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with cilantro, jalapeño slices, and lime.
Serve with long grain rice and naan.
Recipe credit: Soup: The Ultimate Book of Soups and Stews by Derek Bissonnette