Warm Roasted Madras Curry Chickpea Salad Lettuce Wraps
After hosting a private event with our member organization, Institute for Family-Owned Business , we’re still salivating over the fabulous food and fun we had! Culinary Instructor Cherie Scott, creator of Mumbai to Maine, demonstrated her unique Warm Roasted Curry Chickpea Salad with Lettuce Wraps after Erin (SKORDO co-founder) showed us how she makes our Madras Curry Powder. This toasted small batch blend is the magical ingredient in this recipe!
- 2 cans of Organic chickpeas
- 2 Cups Organic plain yogurt
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons SKORDO's Madras curry powder
- 1/4 jar Stonewall Kitchen's mango chutney
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Stonewall's Kitchen Ghost Pepper Aioli
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, finely chopped
- A generous squeeze of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon good local honey (want an extra kick? Try Mike's Hot Honey)
- Pink himalayan salt, to taste
- Garnish: Pomegranate Seeds, Butter lettuce, scallions
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F
- Rinse chickpeas well with warm water. Drain. Set aside.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pour chickpeas on to parchment lined pan, spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle shallots over chickpeas.
- Top chickpeas and shallots with SKORDO Madras curry powder.
- Drizzle olive oil all over chickpeas.
- Mix chickpeas, shallots, curry powder and olive oil all together on sheet pan, making sure chickpeas are well coated.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large glass bowl, mix yogurt, mango chutney, Ghost Pepper Aioli, scallions, cilantro, lime, hot honey together.
- Pour chickpeas into mixture. If not creamy enough, add more yogurt and mix well.
- Season with salt.
Separate Butter lettuce leaves on a platter, add a scoop of chickpea salad to each lettuce cup, top with finely chopped scallion and pomegranate seeds.
Recipe and photo by: Mumbai to Maine