Slow Cooker Chicken Vindaloo
We love this effortless, super satisfying meal. Vindaloo is a prized spicy curry from the Goa region of Western India. While this won't ever be a mild curry, the spice level can vary greatly based on how much of the Vindaloo curry powder you put in it. Get ready for flavor!
Curry Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1-2 Tablespoons Vindaloo Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt or Himalayan Salt
- 4 inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomatoes puree
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 yukon gold potatoes skinned and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder, optional
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Turn on fan over stove. Heat 1 tablespoon butter or ghee in a small frying pan over medium heat. Fry Garam Masala and Vindaloo Curry Powder in butter or ghee until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Combine your butter-spice mixture with remaining Curry Sauce ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a thin sauce is blended and no large chunks remain.
- Place potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker, followed by the chicken breasts, onions, and your Curry Sauce.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 4-5 hours. The last thing to finish will be the potatoes so check they are cooked at 4 hours and adjust time accordingly. Add arrowroot powder as desired to thicken sauce.
- Enjoy with rice and naan to soak up the sauce!