Golden Turmeric Mango Smoothie
Turmeric is the ultimate healing spice. The health benefits are incredible, but the most touted benefit of this golden root is it's active ingredient Curcumin. Curcumin has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Throughout our lives, friends and cookbooks have told us stories of Indian parents using turmeric equally in the medicine cabinet as the spice cabinet. Even rubbing it externally on swollen joints reduces inflammation drastically, and we love that it comes from the ground and not a lab!
Some may find it odd to put an Indian spice in a fruit smoothie, but for its bold color, Turmeric has a fairly mild warm flavor and pairs incredibly well with the sweet Mango. Whats even better is this smoothie has 4 ingredients, simple enough to make in the mornings for a healthy, all natural start to your day.
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 teaspoon ground Turmeric
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- Put 1/4 cup of milk, turmeric, and banana in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of the fruit into the blender at a time and pulse until you reach the smoothie consistency.
- Slowly add more milk as necessary to get a smoothie consistency.