Wine Pairing Goat Cheese Sampler with Gluten-Free Crackers
What better way to welcome your guests than a casual wine pairing? We served these fool-proof crackers alongside goat cheese balls that we crusted with our new Wine Pairing Sea Salts as an easy appetizer to get the party started. This cracker recipe is made with oats instead of flour, so even our gluten-free friends can join in on the fun!
Makes about 4 dozen small crackers
- 2 cups rolled oats (or oat flour)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (or flax seed meal)
- 1/2 cup greek full-fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
- 3 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, grind your oats and flax seeds until you have a fine powder.
- Add your cold butter and pulse until evenly distributed.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add yogurt, dill, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Knead until a dough forms and chill for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper, and roll as thin as you can.
- Using a pizza cutter (or a sharp knife) cut your cracker shapes. I chose to cut a grid design for small square crackers.
- Before separating crackers, brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Transfer crackers to prepared baking trays, it is okay if they touch slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just turning golden on edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on tray.
- Store in a dry, airtight container until ready to serve.
For the Wine Pairing Cheese Balls:
Cheese Balls Ingredients:
- Creamy goat cheese logs
- Wine Pairing Sea Salts of your choosing (Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon)
Cheese Balls Directions:
- With goat cheese directly from the fridge, pinch off even portions and roll into round bite-sized balls. Gloves are handy here to minimize mess.
- Working with one at a time, pour a tablespoon or two of your chosen Wine Pairing Sea Salts into a small dish. Roll prepared cheese balls in seasoning until evenly coated. Switch chosen salt and repeat until all cheese balls are coated as desired.
- Chill until ready to enjoy. Add to your charcuterie board with a spreading knife and serve with the coordinating wine- enjoy!