Spicy Whipped Feta with Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 pound feta cheese, rinsed and crumbled
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus extra for dashing
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 6 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 20 seconds. Transfer to serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Bring to room temperature, drizzle with EVOO, and dust with cayenne before serving. It can be refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
We like serving this with pita wedges. Just cut pitas into 6 pieces, sprinkle with EVOO and salt, and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until browned.