Spinach and Gruyere Quiche with Fore Street Shallot Blend
A true classic French quiche... creamy, nutty Gruyere and spinach infused with the stunning flavors of our Fore Street Shallot Blend. The blend features fragrant shallots and chives combined with the light kick of crushed green peppercorns. Incorporate your ingredients and bake -- it's that easy!
- 1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons SKORDO Fore Street Shallot Blend
- 6 ounces finely shredded Gruyere
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained (See Note Below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the pie crust from the freezer and thaw for several minutes. Once it's soft enough to prick with a fork, prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust 6-7 times. Place crust in the oven and bake until fully cooked and just turning a light golden color, about 13 minutes. Place on a baking sheet and set aside. Turn down the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl (preferably with an easy-pour edge), whisk together eggs, heavy cream, and SKORDO Fore Street Shallot Blend.
- Spread half the cheese over the bottom of the cooked crust, then sprinkle the spinach over the cheese, breaking up any clumps over the top. Spread the remaining cheese over the spinach. Pour the egg and cream mixture on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the custard is set and the top is lightly golden. Serve hot or warm and enjoy!
Note: Simply defrost your spinach by putting in a colander and running cold water over it, breaking it up with your hands. Once defrosted, wring spinach dry in paper towels. To avoid a watery quiche, be sure to really wring it out for several minutes until very little moisture remains.