Rib-Eyes with SKORDO Mocha Rub
We formulated our Mocha Steak Rub to balance sweet, spicy, and earthy so you end up with a dish that enhances the natural flavor of the meat. We love to make this for a special dinner at home, open a delicious bottle of a hearty red wine, and indulge. In the warmer months we'll pair this with a grilled corn salad and fingerling potatoes or serve with roasted sweet potato puree for a yummy winter meal. A cast iron skillet is vital to creating the sear on this steak! Turn on your fan and ensure the pan is super hot.
- 2 Rib-Eye Steaks, about 1.5" thick, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. SKORDO Mocha Steak Rub
- 2 tsp. neutral oil such as Canola
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rub steak with oil and rub the Mocha Steak Rub on all sides of the steak.
- Heat the pan over high heat. Once very hot, add the ribeye to the pan and sear on all sides until browned (about 2 minutes per side).
- Turn the heat off. Add the butter to the pan. Cook in the pan for another 1 minute on each side while basting, or spooning the butter over the steak.
- Put the pan with the steaks into the oven for 4-5 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 125 degrees F for medium rare.
- Rest, tented with tin foil, for five minutes before serving.