Piri Piri Chicken Sandwich
This spicy chicken sandwich has become one of our favorite grilling choices. It has the unique flavor of Thai Bird Chiles from our Piri Piri Seasoning, which when combined with a wide range of condiments and accompaniments, lets you dress up the sandwich in so many ways. Be creative and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Piri Piri Seasoning
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise and pounded flat
- Tomato, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- Leaf lettuce, cleaned and dried
- Pickled onions
- 4 Buns*
- Harissa mayonnaise - optional (recipe to follow)
- Mix together the first four ingredients. Place together with the chicken in an airtight container or zip lock bag. Mix the chicken with the marinade to ensure it is completely covered.
- Marinade the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat the grill pan or barbecue on high. Place the chicken pieces on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side. The chicken should be fully cooked when any juices run clear and the inside temperature at the thickest point is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve on the bun with your favorite accompaniments and condiments.
- Mix 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of SKORDO Harissa Spice Blend with 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
*Use a gluten-free bun to make this recipe 100% gluten-free