Broiled Greek Tomatoes
Talk about simple... Broiled tomatoes are a classic side dish in Greece (and much of Europe for that matter). This recipe is great for any time of the year. We topped our tomatoes with SKORDO Greek Seasoning, a natural pairing. Use it as a base recipe with your favorite seasoning, see variation ideas in note below.
- 4 tomatoes (2 lbs.), sliced thick, about a half inch
- 2 tablespoons Kouzini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek Seasoning (see note)
- SKORDO Cyprus Flaked Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Optional accompaniments: Feta, Cucumber, Red Onion
- Turn oven to broil.
- Place sliced tomatoes on baking sheet, brush with olive oil and evenly distribute Greek Seasoning over each tomato slice. Sprinkle with flaked salt and pepper.
- Broil 2” beneath the broiler for 10-12 minutes until tomatoes have started to brown.
- Place on a serving dish and pour any oil and juices remaining in the pan on top.
Note: Take this dish to different cuisines with the following variations.
- Latin: Use Adobo Spice Blend and pair with grilled red onion, corn, and cilantro.
- Italian: Use Tuscan Oil Blend and pair with mozzarella and basil.
- Indian: Use Garam Masala and pair with roasted chickpeas and spinach.