A fun variation from a morning coffee, this mushroom latte is a great way to introduce the immune boosting effects of mushrooms without having to cook them into a meal.
I made two variations, once with SKORDO Porcini Powder + once with SKORDO Dried Shiitake mushrooms that I ground into a powder. The porcini powder cut out the step of grinding the mushrooms, and allowed the drink to be ready in just two minutes. However, shiitake mushrooms have a much earthier flavor and an abundance of health benefits that you won't get from a porcini. Both were delicious! I also made sure to use SKORDO Ceylon Cinnamon as it is full of antioxidant, anti inflammatory, and antimicrobal effects as well as a deeper, more complex flavor compared to other cinnamons.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup milk alternative of your choice
- 1 teaspoon mushroom powder, like SKORDO Porcini Powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, stir well until hot through.
- Transfer the mixer to a blender, or with a milk frother, blend until foamy.
- To serve, transfer hot mixture to a mug + enjoy!