Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Sometimes you remove the carbs and cheese and you really miss them. That was not the case with this recipe, and that's all to do with the powerful flavor of Jerk Seasoning. We hand blend coconut sugar, onion, garlic, paprika, allspice, and more to create this unique and iconic blend. This classic spicy Jamaican blend adds a ton of flavor to otherwise boring chicken breast, and the creamy Greek Yogurt sauce on top plus your favorite sweet salsa is a delicious combination. We ate this last weekend for dinner, wanting to eat healthy after a weekend of fried food, and it was (literally) finger-licking good. We've never been to Jamaica, but this recipe will help pass the time until we can try more from this delicious cuisine. Give it a try!
Lettuce Wraps Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 10 leaves of lettuce, iceberg or Boston Bibb
- 2 large chicken breasts (or 3 small)
- 2-3 tablespoons SKORDO Jerk Seasoning
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- Pineapple salsa (we made our own using this recipe)
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Jerk Seasoning
- In a large pan, heat olive oil to medium high heat. While the oil is heating, cut up chicken into bite-size pieces and place in large bowl. Sprinkle Jerk Seasoning over chicken and toss to coat evenly. Add chicken to pan and cook until no pink remains, about 8 minutes.
- Mix together Greek yogurt and jerk seasoning and set aside.
- Assemble lettuce wraps with lettuce, jerk chicken, slaw, sauce, chopped green onions, pineapple slaw, and the juice of a lime wedge.