Masala Chai and Whiskey Tea Cake
I'm a big fan of tea cakes. They're quick to make, great to snack on and handy to have when friends pop over for a visit. Plus, they're an excuse for a quick mid-week bake! This one is fall inspired and pairs perfectly with Builder's Tea. In a pinch coffee will do, but there's nothing better than strong black tea (we recommend PG tips) and a slice of this spicy, sweet treat.
Makes one loaf
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon whiskey
- 2 tablespoon SKORDO Masala Chai Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream (feel free to use plain yogurt instead)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add the whiskey and SKORDO Masala Chai Spice Blend. We used a standing mixer on low-medium. Be sure to scrape the bowl sides to fully combine the ingredients before adding the sour cream.
- Add the sour cream and eggs one at a time, being sure to fully incorporate each before adding the next.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just mixed.
- Pour batter into a bread pan lined with parchment paper. Slice the apple into thin strips and decorate the top. Bake for 65 - 70 minutes. Cool fully before slicing. Enjoy!