Berry Hibiscus Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie Bowls are beautiful and leave so much space for fun ingredients, to blend in but also as crunchy toppings. When I wake up in the morning I'm usually in one of two boats: "OMG, how is it morning, I'd like to go back to bed right now." OR "Let's go, I'm ready to make this day pure fire." This helps me decide how much coffee I'm going to need and what I want to do for breakfast.
I created two smoothie bowls that complement both moods and leave you satisfied. Dive into this relaxing berry and hibiscus infused smoothie or try our Turmeric Coconut Smoothie Bowl, made to put a little pep in your step!
Makes 1 Medium-sized Bowl
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hibiscus petals
- 1 bag of your favorite tea (We used Yogi Kava Stress Relief Tea)
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (or dairy free yogurt)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen banana
- 3/4 cup of fresh blackberries + blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- + Additional fruit for toppings such as fresh strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries
1. Boil water and pour into a weck infusion jar or like sized vessel
2. Add hibiscus petals and 1 Tea Bag
3. Steep for an hour, strain petals and bag out and pour your liquid back into the vessel, allowing time to fully cool. I put it in the fridge over night and used it in my smoothie bowl the next morning.
1. Add all ingredients to a blender (we started with 3/4 cup of tea) and pulse until smooth. If the mixture seems too thick, add in extra tea, milk, or water. If it seems too thin, add in extra frozen fruit or ice.
2. Pour into a bowl to enjoy and decorate with all the fixings!