These quick, no-cook hors d'oeuvres are the perfect way to kick off any get-together. The tangy, spicy goat cheese is a fantastic compliment to the smoked salmon. This combination is served upon a thinly sliced daikon radish, a refreshing substitute to a cracker or crostini. Serve these colorful bites as you welcome your guests, and you'll have something to keep them satisfied as you finish up any finishing touches.
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (or more to taste)
- 12 ounces daikon, cut crosswise into about 18 slices (1/6 inch thick each)
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon (or lox), cut into 16 pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Combine cheese, juice and Sriracha in a bowl. Spread a layer of cheese mixture on each daikon slice; top with salmon and garnish with chives.