Orzo Salad with Grilled Vegetables + Greek Seasoning
Our Greek Seasoning is the perfect compliment to your favorite veggies from the garden. This salad has become our go-to for a simple and delicious side for a group as it works well with veggies that are grilled or roasted and can be served warm or room temperature. Make the components ahead of time and toss together prior to serving. Serves 10 and leftovers keep well in the fridge.
- 1 lb. zucchini, squash or eggplant cut into 1/2" slices
- 2 red or yellow peppers cut into 1/2" strips
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 pound orzo
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the vegetables with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, the Greek Seasoning and plenty of salt and pepper. Grill on your charcoal or gas grill in a grill pan for 20-30 minutes until cooked to your liking and lightly charred.
- Roast the pine nuts in a small skillet for 3-4 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions, drain and toss with the remaining olive oil and set aside.
- Cut any large vegetables into bite size pieces and toss with the pasta while still warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients and serve warm or room temperature. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Inspired by Katie & Giancarlo Caldesi