This gorgeous, mysterious, and illuminating drink is perfect to hold-over between meals and open your mind + palette while restoring you from the day. I prepared this as a supplement for my family while they waited for Stewed Pork to cook from Everyone's Table. I could only find ashwagandha in capsule form, so I opt'd out of using it here. Turmeric is a spice superhero and provides too many benefits to count, so the drink is still very immune boosting.It was certainly a hit, served either warm or cold.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened milk alternative
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 pinches ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwaghanda
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick, freshly grated
- Place the milk product in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the spices and heat gently, stirring, until it has heated through.
- Stir in coconut oil + honey, to taste.
- Pour into mugs, and sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper.
- To serve top with finely grated cinnamon then slowly sip + enjoy!