Melon Salad with Aleppo Pepper, Cucumber, + Feta
We love a mix of sweet and heat! Inspired by Tieghan Gerard's Half Baked Harvest melon recipe, we used Aleppo Chile Flakes in this recipe instead of crushed red pepper. There is something very magical about a complex chile such as Aleppo Chiles (spicy, sweet, earthy) overtop sweet, juicy melon. Pair it with bright herbs, sweet honey, and salty feta, and you have an ideal end of summer dish. Enjoy!
- 3 cups cubed melon (we used watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe)
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, whole or torn
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo Chile Flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper and flaky sea salt
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1. Combine melon, cucumbers, basil, and mint in a large bowl.
2. Make your dressing by whisking olive oil, lemon juice, honey, Aleppo Chile Flakes, salt, and pepper in a separate small bowl.
3. Pour half the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat. Add the feta and drizzle the remaining dressing overtop. Garnish with more basil and mint before serving, if desired.