Mediterranean Inspired Grain Bowl
Grain bowls are the most fulfilling, meal prep friendly, satisfying meals. I don’t love reheated food so I usually avoid meal prepping, but in this case I keep all of the condiments on hand, precook the grains, and roast the veggies, then I can just assemble quickly whenever hunger strikes. I’ve acquired quite the collection of SKORDO products and was able to piece together blends that compliment each other and use a variety here to keep all of the components exciting.
I created two bowls here, one using SKORDO Dill Dip, SKORDO Greek Seasoning, SKORDO Pickling Spice, and Kouzini Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The other using SKORDO Fiesta Dip, SKORDO Chipotle Spice Rub, SKORDO Fajita Blend, and some SKORDO Chile Lime Sea Salt. You have so much freedom here, get creative!
Mediterranean Inspired Grain Bowl Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups orzo
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 cup Kouzini Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 1 ea lemon pickles, from Eat Cool
- 1 8 ounce block feta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 bag baby potatoes
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons SKORDO Greek Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Dill Dip
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Pickling Spice
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In advance, make SKORDO Dill Dip by blending greek yogurt with the grated cucumber and juice of one lemon. Next, make your herb “pesto” by blending mint, parsley, red wine vinegar, and KOUZINI Lemon Olive Oil, as needed, until smooth. Salt to taste. Finally, prepare “Quick and Spicy Mediterranean Lemon Pickles” from EAT COOL by Vanessa Seder.
Mixing up our SKORDO Dill Dip
- Cook orzo, according to brand recommendations. Once cooled, toss with mint pesto.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Chop baby potatoes, toss with 1 tablespoon KOUZINI Olive Oil and 2 teaspoons SKORDO Greek Seasoning, roast 15-20 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes & feta, then combine with 1 tablespoon SKORDO Greek Seasoning and enough KOUZINI Olive Oil to cover.
- Slice red onion, toss with SKORDO pickling blend and cover with white vinegar, to pickle.
- To serve, slice preserved lemons and olives, then assemble as desired. I love these both hot and cold, it’s up to you!