Maple Salmon Rub Granola
Created as part of our Edible Gift Guide- this granola is a fun way to challenge the suggestions on the jars, and enjoy your favorite blends any time of day. I've said it 600 times + I'll continue to find joy in saying it--there is NO salmon in the SKORDO Maple Salmon Rub. Granulated Maple, light brown sugar, Smoked Applewood Sea Salt, rosemary, Sweet Smoked Paprika are balancing with black pepper, fenugreek, garlic, onion, thyme to create this perfect + perfectly diverse blend able to be used either sweet or savory. Tossed with a little orange zest, maple syrup, oats, and your favorite nuts to create this crunchy topping ideal for yogurt or snacking on the go. Please feel empowered to adapt the nuts/dried fruit to your preference!
Makes about 4 cups
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon SKORDO Maple Salmon Rub
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Applewood Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add your butter to a skillet and melt over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or until butter browns. The milk solids will settle + toast, while the golden liquid caramelizes.
- Once the foam dissipates, remove from heat, and add SKORDO Maple Salmon Rub. This will ensure the seasoning is evenly coating the oats along with the butter, and not leaving powdery clumps behind.
- Stir brown sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla until combined.
- Chop your nuts, if desired. In a large bowl, toss nuts, seeds/fruit, and oats together. Drizzle over your brown butter mixture and toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly across a lined baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15. It will be just golden, keep an eye on the nuts for an indication that it's toasted enough.
- Remove from oven, season with salts and toss. It will be soft and sticky until it cools.
- Store in an airtight container upto one month.