Farewell Transmission - An Aquavit based cocktail
We’ve enlisted the assistance of local mixologist Josh Lemay, current bar manager of Baharat in East Bayside to provide inspiration on how to utilize SKORDO's It's Five O'Clock Somewhere set. Read through our conversation with him in SKORDO Kitchen, linked here. Some vocabulary for below: 'Hulls' refers to what's left of the lime after its been juiced. 'Orgeat' is a sweet almond syrup and 'Aqua Faba' is the juice from a can of chickpeas, a great egg white replacement. Enjoy!
Makes 1 serving
For the Hibiscus Aquavit:
- 2 g hibiscus petals
- 375 ml Aquavit
For the Farewell Transmission:
- 1.5 oz hibiscus aquavit
- .75 oz tamarind juice
- .5 oz lime infused rum cordial (Made of sugar, lime hulls, and rum - See Step 1 below)
- .5 oz orgeat
- .5 oz egg white, or aqua faba
- .35 oz lime juice
- Make a lime cordial. In a blender combine equal parts lime hulls and sugar and add enough overproof rum to cover. Pulse until smooth, taste and adjust sugar or rum as needed. Let it sit for 4 hours at room temperature. Strain out the pulp and set aside.
- Make the hibiscus aquavit. Add hibiscus petals to aquavit for two hours, strain and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker and shake! You'll want to shake this one a bit longer than you typically would to really froth the egg whites. Serve & enjoy!
If you were looking to rim your glass, I'd recommend SKORDO Posy Sugar.