Spiced Pineapple Daiquiri
We’ve enlisted the assistance of local mixologist Josh Lemay, current bar manager of Baharat in East Bayside to provide inspiration on how to utilize SKORDO's It's Five O'Clock Somewhere set. Here he made a pineapple syrup using green cardamom pods, allspice berries, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and clove. This got turned into a Spiced Pineapple Daiquiri that will hit the spot any time of year.
Find our whole conversation on SKORDO Kitchen, linked here.
Makes 1 serving
For the pina syrup:
- 1 pineapple, juiced
- sugar, equal to weight of juice
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 8 allspice berries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1 whole star anise
For the daquiri:
- 2 oz white or aged rum (Josh used Flora de Caña 5 year)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- .75 oz spiced pina syrup
- Make your Pina syrup. Muddle spices in a small pot. Heat on medium-low heat to toast spices.
- When spices become fragrant, add pineapple juice and reduce heat.
- Add sugar and stir on low heat until dissolved.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container, until ready to use.
- Make your daiquiri. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice & shake, then strain. Served up in a coupe glass. Traditionally this drink is garnished with a lime wheel, but that doesn't serve a purpose and is wasteful. Enjoy!