Gulf Shrimp Skewers
Gulf Seafood Seasoning and shrimp inspired by the Gulf Coast.... a delicious meal. Throw them in a tortilla for delicious shrimp tacos!
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound salmon filet
- 1/2 pound your favorite vegetables. We used cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, sliced peppers, and sliced onions.
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Gulf Seafood Seasoning (adjust more or less to taste)
- 1 lime
Pat the shrimp dry. Place the shrimp in a large bowl and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over them. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon Gulf Seafood Seasoning.
Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes (do not go longer).
- Pat the salmon dry and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon Gulf Seafood Seasoning. Cut into large bite sized pieces.
- Toss the vegetables with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Thread the shrimp and salmon on skewers (about 4 large shrimp per skewer). If using bamboo skewers they need to be soaked in water for at least 30 minutes first. We recommend keeping the shrimp on one skewer and the salmon on another as they cook at different rates.
- Thread the vegetables on bamboo skewers.
To grill on an outdoor gas grill. Preheat a gas grill to high. Then, reduce heat to low (temperature should be somewhere between 275 to 325ºF). Carefully grease the cooking grates.
To grill on an indoor griddle or cast iron grill. Heat a dry griddle over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Once the grill or griddle reaches the recommended temperature, add the vegetable skewers (and close the lid if using outdoor grill). Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Add the salmon skewers and close the the lid. Cook the salmon 4-5 minutes on each side until the fish is opaque throughout.
- Add the shrimp skewers and close the lid. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer translucent.
- Squeeze lime over seafood and serve immediately.