Grilled Vegetables with Tuscan Oil + Herb Dressing
This herb and spice blend dressing is delicious on grilled vegetables or a traditional salad. The Tuscan Oil Blend has a medium heat because of the crushed red pepper flakes - adjust for your taste. We've listed the vegetables we used (what we had in our pantry/garden), but you can use whatever vegetables you like. Asparagus, eggplant, green onions, or bell peppers would also be delicious.
- 2 Vidalia onions, halved
- 3 yellow squash (about 1 pound total), sliced lengthwise in half
- 3 zucchini (about 12 ounces total), sliced lengthwise in half
- 5 garlic scapes
- 12 mushrooms
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Kouzini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Kouzini Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Tuscan Oil Blend
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or heat a grill to medium-high hea). Brush the vegetables with 1/4 cup of olive oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 7 minutes for the onion, yellow squash, zucchini, and mushrooms; 4 minutes for the garlic scapes. Chop the vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, garlic, Tuscan Oil Blend, parsley, basil, and rosemary in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the herb mixture over the vegetables and toss. Serve the vegetables warm or at room temperature.