Grilled Italian Summer Vegetables with Red Wine Vinaigrette
This is our favorite summer side dish. The colorful grilled vegetables tossed in the luscious dressing with Italian seasonings make a wonderful combination. Turn this into a summer bruschetta appetizer by cutting the vegetables into a large dice and serving on toasted sourdough with smeared ricotta cheese.
- 1 zucchini, quartered
- 3 bell peppers (we used green, orange, and red), sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
Pinot Noir Vinaigrette
- 1/4 Cup Kouzini Olive Oil, about 2 tsp. set aside to drizzle on vegetables
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tablespoon SKORDO Italian Seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium setting. Place vegetable grill basket on grates.
- Combine all vegetables in a large bowl and toss with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill until slightly charred, about 5 to 6 minutes, tossing throughout.
- In a separate bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, basil, garlic, salt, and Italian Seasoning.
- Remove vegetables from grill and toss in Pinot Noir vinaigrette.
- Garnish with fresh basil.