Green Thai Curry Mussels
Is there anything better than sopping up buttery broth with a crusty French bread? We vote no. This is our go to for adding complimentary flavors to sweet, delicate Maine mussels and it produces our all time favorite seafood broth for soaking and snacking. Win win!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup dry white wine
- 2-3 tbsp SKORDO Green Thai Curry
- In a heavy bottom dutch oven place 3 tbsp butter and minced garlic and sauté at medium low for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir in the SKORDO Green Thai Curry. Add the mussels and stir to fully coat mussels in broth.
- Cover and let cook from 5 minutes at medium - low heat. Remove lid and add the remaining 2 tbsp butter, again being sure to stir the mussels and coat them in the broth.
- The mussels are done when they're all open, showing their steamed orange meat. Once all the shells are open, serve warm with a large loaf of crusty bread.
- Garnish the mussels with fresh parsley or cilantro and a squeeze of lemon.
Always make sure your mussels are clean before cooking. Farm raised mussels are cleaned before selling, but keep an eye out for grit or growth on the shells. If you see either, scrub the mussels in ocean water before cooking.