Everything Seasoning Egg Salad
I loved my mom's egg salad growing up, but once I became responsible for peeling my own eggs, I stopped loving the salad. Recently I saw some creative moms on TikTok doing this "hard-boiled egg hack" and I just had to try it myself! Instead of boiling and shocking and peeling, this technique is to simply crack whole eggs into a pan and bake in a water bath! It's almost too good to be true. This shortcut, plus the spicy tang of Kitchen Garden Farm's Sriracha Chili Sauce, made egg salad feel like a treat again. Hope you enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
For the egg salad:
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Freshly cracked black pepper, I used Tellicherry
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Garden Farm Sriracha Chili Sauce (+ more if you're up for more heat!)
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons SKORDO "The Works" Everything Seasoning
For a sandwich:
- Everything Sandwich Bread
- Pickled Red Onions
- Iceberg Lettuce
- A little more mayo
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Choose two oven safe dishes that can nestle together for a water bath. I used a loaf pan and a casserole dish.
- Grease your smaller dish with butter, oil, or cooking spray. Full Moon Ghee would be incredible here!
- Crack your eggs into your greased pan. No need to season now as they will be dressed later on.
- Add your egg pan to your larger pan, and fill the larger pan about halfway with hot water to create a water bath.
- Transfer dish to oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are just set. Be cautious of the boiling water when removing from oven.
- While eggs are cooking, chop your celery. If you're going to make sandwiches, this is a good time to slice your lettuce and toast your bread too.
- Allow eggs to cool in loaf pan, then run a knife along the edges and tip pan out onto cutting board. Dice eggs to your desired size.
- In a medium bowl, add your mayonnaise, Sriracha and seasonings.
- Add eggs + celery to bowl and mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To enjoy, I toasted some thin slices of our Everything Seasoning Sandwich Bread, added a thick scoop of this egg salad, a piece of iceberg lettuce and a few pickled red onions. Yum! If you're packing it as a lunch for later in the day, pack crostinis or pretzels and eat it as a dip later on.