Baltimore Crab Cakes
After experimenting with many crab cake recipes through the years, we finally landed on this as the best. The panko breadcrumbs mixed with chives, salt, and pepper make the most delectable crust!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice plus wedges for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons SKORDO Chesapeake Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add crab; fold to blend. Stir in 3/4 cup panko, chives, salt, and pepper. Divide into 6 equal portions. Form each into equal sized patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place remaining 1/2 cup panko on a plate. Coat cakes with panko. Fry until golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side. Arrange atop leaf lettuce and serve with lemon wedges.
Yields: 6 servings