Baltimore Crab Cakes
After experimenting with many crab cake recipes through the years, we finally landed on this as the best. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice plus wedges for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons SKORDO Chesapeake Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, for garnishing
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add crab; fold to blend.
- Stir in 3/4 cup panko, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Divide into 6 equal portions. Form each into equally sized patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup panko on a plate. Coat cakes with panko.
- Fry until golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.