Adobo Cheese Dip
Hello Super Bowl Season!
I never know who's playing, but I always know I will be making fresh pretzels. They only take a few hours, can be prepped in advance, and are perfect for dunking in this warm cheesy goodness. Our Adobo Seasoning is Salt, Sweet Paprika, Onion, Black Pepper, Cumin, Garlic, Chile Powder, Mexican Oregano -- AKA the perfect seasoning to add a flavorful kick to this dip. Using arrowroot to thicken, you have the freedom to use any milk or milk alternative you'd like and you're keeping it gluten-free (sans the pretzels of course!) This can easily be thrown into a crock-pot to be kept warm throughout the game, though for coffee table snacking sessions I choose to serve smaller portions at a time, keeping the remaining ready for a hot refill. I love that this comes together in just a few minutes-- I don't have to miss any of the commercials! Happy Cooking!
Adobo Cheese Dip
Makes about 2 cups
- ½ pound shredded cheese, I used Monterey Jack + Sharp Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes, I used romas but you can use a can of fire roasted as well
- 3 teaspoons Adobo Seasoning + some for garnish
- 1/2 cup milk, or milk alternative.
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- ½ red onion
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Avocado, optional for garnish
- In a medium sauce pot, melt butter. Add finely chopped red onion, bell pepper and jalapeño. I am only using half to keep it milder. Sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and Adobo seasoning. Cook until fragrant.
- Sprinkle arrowroot into the pot, stir to combine. Slowly add milk and bring to a boil. Sauce should begin to thicken.
- Whisk in cheeses over low heat, little by little until sauce is smooth.
- Finish with cilantro, green onions, lime + taste for salt. I served this on a shared platter alongside sliced carrots + celery, tortilla chips, and pretzels from our Game Day Eats blog. Enjoy!