We have these tacos about once a week. Our taco seasoning packs a lot of flavor (freshly ground cumin and chile powder) and a little heat (crushed red pepper flakes). A very different seasoning than the packets we grew up with! This is a simple recipe for preparing a classic taco. Make it your own with your favorite protein and sides!
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 pound of ground beef (we used 90/10)
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Taco Seasoning
Quick Pico de Gallo:
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped and deseeded
- Salt, to taste
- Corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded colby jack cheese
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro leaves
- SKORDO Chile Lime Sea Salt
- Grilled peppers and onions
- Sour Cream
1. Combine all Pico de Gallo ingredients and set aside.
2. Heat up a large lidded pan over medium heat (set lid aside). Brown the beef until just cooked through.
2. Using the lid to prevent the beef from pouring out, drain the fat from the pan.
3. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and the taco seasoning to the beef and return to heat. Continue cooking until the water is evaporated. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
4. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Pico de Gallo will last in fridge up to one week.