Our Paella Blend is a melody of paprikas, saffron, lemon zest, and more, allows even the most beginner cooks to enjoy a dish as intimidating as Paella, an iconic saffron rice dish loaded with meats, seafood, and vegetables. Plus, it's salt free, giving you all the control!
The story is that farmers & farm workers would make Paella as their lunch, using whatever harvest on hand and a very large, shallow pan over an open fire. I considered local grocers & my freezer collection to be my harvest and my largest skillet over my electric stove to be my fire, for the sake of a weeknight meal. You’ll find this attainable version down below that captures the flavors of the luxurious meal without the bill or the time. Use whatever seafood, meat, or vegetables you have on hand! Additionally, you’ll be seeing SKORDO Recipe Kits with this new blend alongside a more traditional variation in stores & online next month. This could absolutely be turned Vegan by omitting the proteins and switching to veggie stock. I anticipate SKORDO Paella Blend being the new favorite, I plan to try it next in some sort of runny egg breakfast scenario & I would love to hear your ideas!!
Makes 6 servingsIngredients:
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 12 oz chorizo sausage
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, I used 16/20s
- 1 yellow Onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup roasted red reppers, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed & diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 14 oz diced canned tomatoes
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons SKORDO Paella Blend
- As always, start by gathering all your tools and equipment. For this one, you’ll need the biggest skillet you can get your hands on!
- Next be sure to do all your slicing, chopping, measuring before you turn on any heat. This allows the process to go smoothly and quickly. Since we are working with a variety of different proteins, chop your vegetables before you introduce any meat juices to the cutting board. Now is a good time to get your shrimp defrosting too- simply add it to a bowl of cool water until you’re ready.
- Cook your sausage in a cold pan with a drizzle of oil. I make slits on the surface to prevent any explosions as they heat up.
- Once browned on both sides, remove the sausage, and add in the chicken with 1 tablespoon of Paella seasoning.
- While that’s cooking, drain your shrimp, remove shells, and pat dry. Season shrimp with 1 tablespoon salt & 1 tablespoon SKORDO Paella Seasoning. Remove the chicken & add the shrimp, flipping once opaque.
- Remove shrimp & set all proteins aside. Add onion & peppers to the pan with a drizzle of oil. Season with 1 tablespoon salt & cook until translucent, adding garlic about halfway through.
- Stir 1 tablespoon Paella seasoning into your 1 cup white wine.
- Pour wine over vegetables to deglaze, reduce about halfway. Add rice, season with 1 tablespoon SKORDO Paella Seasoning + 1 tablespoon salt, and toast for 3 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, stock, and water.
- Cover & cook until rice is tender & liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, slice your sausage.
- Remove rice from heat, stir in frozen peas & beans as well as proteins.
- Once combined, transfer skillet to oven & broil on high for 5 minutes or until rice is crispy on top.
- To serve, top with parsley and squeeze some lemon.