These quick pickles are great on any steam bun sandwich and one of my favorite additions to rice bowls. They also pair well with SKORDO Korean Barbecue Chicken Wings!
Makes 1 Quart Mason Jar
- 1 pound cucumbers (I used English)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 daikon radish
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 bunch scallions
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons togarashi
- 2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 2 dashes of fish sauce
- Sanitize your jar and wash your produce.
- Peel the carrot & radish and quarter the radish.
- Thinly slice the carrot, radish, and cucumbers using a mandoline or a sharp knife.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and briefly massage.
- Finely slice the shallot and scallions, smash the garlic and add all to the vegetable bowl. Transfer to jar.
- In same bowl, whisk seasonings, vinegar, and fish sauce. Pour the seasoned vinegar and fish sauce over the vegetables in the jar.
- Seal and chill. Enjoy!