Tandoori chicken is a traditional Indian dish, named after the clay oven tandoor in which it is usually prepared. This is our version of Tandoori Chicken, which is perfectly suited for a home kitchen and using our own special spice blends. You'll love this!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon SKORDO Tandoori Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 whole chickens, cut into quarters
- thinly sliced purple onions and lemon for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt and lemon juice. Add the Skordo Tandoori Spice Blend and the minced garlic. Whisk until smooth.
- Divide and add the chicken and marinade between two zip-lock bags, squeezing to remove as much of the air as possible. Refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the chicken from the bags and place on a wire rack within a large roasting pan that is lined with aluminum foil. Cover any bare spots on the chicken with any remaining marinade.
- Place the chicken on the top rack of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the tops are slightly charred and thigh juices run clear, about 165 degrees internal temperature.
- When done, turn the oven off and let rest, uncovered, in the oven for another 30 minutes. Garnish and serve with the raw onion and lemon slices.
Serve with naan, mint yogurt sauce, and basmati rice.