Spiked Mulled Cider
Our Mulling Party! recipe kit is delicious anytime of year, but incredibly popular in these colder months. We truly can't keep it on the shelves, and love playing with new ways to use it. Last year we mulled wine, and used the remainder to poach pears for a galette. This time, we're simply mulling cider + adding bourbon for the grownups. I'd highly recommend welcoming your guests with a warm mug of this over the holidays! This recipe serves a party, if you're looking for a smaller scale, checkout our two serving Spiced Whiskey and Cider recipe here.
Makes 16 servings
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 SKORDO Mulling Party! Kit
- Prepare your mulled cider according to recipe kit.
- Chill cider if you plan to serve cold, or keep on low heat if you plan to serve warm.
- Add desired amount of bourbon to each glass, 2 oz should do the drink. I like to add either a cinnamon stick or an orange peel to the glasses I spike, and leave the non-alcoholic ones without garnish for easy clarification when I'm hosting.
- Top with cider, enjoy!