Spicy Sautéed Shiitakes
This recipe from Vegetable Simple by Eric Ripert is a great staple to have on hand for snacks or sides. From start to finish it truly only takes 5 minutes! I used dried mushrooms, and finished with SKORDO Sriracha Sea Salt + SKORDO Herbes de Provence, these are all pantry staples for me so this was perfect.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms (or 1 pound fresh)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons SKORDO Sriracha Sea Salt, + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon SKORDO Herbes de Provence
- If using dried mushrooms, add them to a heat safe container and pour boiling water over them to cover. Let sit for 20 minutes + drain. Slice as desired.
- Pat mushrooms dry. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the oil.
- Once hot, add the mushrooms and season with SKORDO Sriracha Sea Salt. Sauté until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the garlic, Sriracha, + SKORDO Herbes de Provence. Sauté another 2 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve hot. Enjoy!
I enjoyed these as a quick snack and immediately wanted to crumble them over a salad like bacon bits. I'd love to see your version on Instagram with #SKORDOFlavors!
Recipe adapted from Vegetable Simple by Eric Ripert