Rosemary Deviled Eggs
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns, preferably Tellicherry
- 1/4 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1. Finely grind mustard seeds, rosemary, and peppercorns together in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle. Transfer to a small bowl and store in paprika and ginger.
2. Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and cover with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
3. Carefully peel the eggs and cut each in half lengthwise. Place the yolks in medium bowl and smash with a fork until crumbly. Add mayonnaise, olives, salt, and 1 1/2 tsp. of the spice blend. Mash and stir until smooth. Divide the yolk mixture among the whites. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining spice blend.
4. Enjoy! To make ahead, refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Source: Lior Lev Sercarz, Eating Well Magazine