Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Chili Aioli, Avocado, and Pickled Chilis
We had so much fun partnering with Chef Mike Kubiesa (co-author with Kristin Cavallari of True Comfort and True Roots) on this recipe. Our favorite thing about it? It's restaurant-quality but so doable for home cooks. He used both SKORDO Steak Seasoning and SKORDO Lemon Herb Fish Seasoning in the dish. To quote Mike, "this looks fancier than it is! I know it's a struggle for a lot of people to get quick and healthy meals out for them or their families on a nightly basis - trust me, I get it! My goal is to help you with that." Love it.
For the Pickled Fresno Chilis:
- 6-10 Fresno chilis, sliced
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 1 cup champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- Pinch of salt
- Bay leaf
- Sprigs of thyme
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon SKORDO Lemon Herb Fish Seasoning
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Aioli:
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Pickled Fresno chilis for garnish
- Sliced and seasoned avocado for garnish
- Slices of lime for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pickle your Chilis: Bring all ingredients to a simmer in a medium saucepan. In a medium mixing bowl add sliced chilis and shallots and pour hot liquid over the top. Let sit until completely cooled. For best results, let pickle sit in fridge overnight.
- Cook your Potatoes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the sweet potatoes into equal size wedges and coat with olive oil and season with SKORDO Steak Seasoning and SKORDO Lemon Herb Fish Seasoning. Arrange on a baking sheet and place in oven for 25-30 minutes. Move around and flip sweet potatoes halfway through.
- Make your Aioli: In a mixing bowl, add smoked paprika, raw honey, lime juice, lime zest, adobo sauce, olive oil and mayo. Stir mixture together to form a smooth well combined aioli. Set aside in the fridge for 20 minutes to combine flavors.
- To enjoy: Add the roasted sweet potato wedges to a platter and drizzle aioli over the top. Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley, sliced avocado, fresh lime wedges and a generous amount of pickled chilis. Sprinkle with extra SKORDO Steak Seasoning and fresh lime zest.