SKORDO Pizza Sauce Blend is a prime example of our blends + rubs doing all of the work for you. This is our family sauce recipe after years of trial and error! Use it on pizza or pasta, it'll always be delicious.
Makes 3 cups
- 1 1/2 tablespoons SKORDO Pizza Sauce Blend
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes (I use crushed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium sauce pot, heat olive oil.
- Add seasonings to oil, stirring to toast briefly.
- Add whole can of tomatoes and simmer for as little as 10 minutes or as long as 1 hour. Over time, you'll have less sweetness from the tomatoes and overall a more concentrated sauce as it reduces and thickens.
- Serve immediately, or freeze after cooling for later.
- When defrosting, the sauce may be a bit thinner. Reduce it for 20-30 minutes and it'll be good as new.