Korean Barbecue Roasted Cashews
The sweet, smooth cashews effortlessly take on the salty, spicy and sweet Korean Barbecue Rub. The nuts make a great addition to rice bowls (talk about texture!) and are a perfect midday snack. The roasted cashews store for up to a week in a sealed container.
Makes 1+ cups of roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup SKORDO Korean Barbecue Rub
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (we used honey from our Garlic + Chile Fermentation)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- dash of fish sauce
- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix the Korean Barbecue Rub, soy sauce, honey, vegetable oils and fish sauce. Use a whisk to fully incorporate marinade.
- Add the cashews and use a spatula to coat the nuts in the marinade. Let rest for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lightly coat a small - medium baking sheet with oil. Pour the nuts and marinade onto the pan and use the spatula to spread the nuts evenly.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, scraping the cashews from the pan with a wooden spoon or fish spatula every 3 minutes. The nuts will be dark in color and there will be dark brown clumps of roasting marinade. Remove from the oven once you've reached your preferred color and scrape the cashews from the pan.
- Continue stirring the cashews as they cool. The nuts will naturally clump. When they've cooled to the touch, but are still warm separate the clumps with your hands.
- Let cool fully and transfer to a serving or storage container.