The Honey Paw's Grilled Corn with Chili Aioli, Scallion, and Umai Ocean Blend
From celebrated Chef Valerie Goldman of The Honey Paw, we are thrilled to share this recipe to use with our newest blend. The savory, umami flavors from The Honey Paw x SKORDO Umai Ocean Blend combined with sweet charred corn and a spicy smooth aioli are simply perfect together. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
1. Grill two ears of shucked corn to desired doneness (5 min)
2. Top with a healthy smattering of chili aioli (recipe below)
3. Garnish with SKORDO Umai Ocean Blend
Yield: 1 Qt
1 cup Gochugaru
1 cup Shallots, peeled and sliced
1 Qt Canola oil
4 ea Egg yolks
1. Combine first three ingredients in a heavy bottom pot. Bring to a simmer then turn down to low. Let steep for 1 hour. Strain and reserve oil.
2. Place the egg yolks in a food processor. Turn to high and slowly drizzle the chili oil into the eggs. The mixture should turn colors from red to orange as the oil is emulsified into the yolks. It will also thicken to a mayonaise-like consistency. Season with salt and reserve. The extra sauce can be stored in refrigeration up to one week.