Roasted Greek Lamb
This Greek lamb recipe is inspired from the kitchen of my Mom. I have great memories of her cooking this favorite family feast. The juices really develop as it cooks and when you pull the lamb out of the oven you end up with an amazing aroma that travels through the house.
- 4 lb leg of lamb, deboned, rolled and tied
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons (approx.) SKORDO Greek Lamb Rub
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup hot water
- Wipe lamb leg dry with damp cloth and place in large pan. Cut small slits in surface and insert slivers of sliced garlic cloves. Rub entire surface of lamb with butter, sprinkle with SKORDO Greek Lamb Rub. Tuck sprigs rosemary sprigs under strings. Add 1 cup water and lemon juice to pan. Cover and seal with heavy foil.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Bake for 2 1/2 hours or until very tender. Remove foil and brown for 30 minutes.
- Remove lamb from pan and stir juice to mix brown drippings well, add a little water if necessary, heat thoroughly and serve with lamb.
Note: Roast potatoes around the lamb for the final hour if you really want an authentic Greek feast!
Yields: 6 - 8 servings